Thank you for your interest in Celtic Studies. While the Celtic Studies certificate is no longer offered at UW-Madison, certificates in a wide range of academic areas are available.
CELTIC STUDIES RESOURCES
People with an interest in Celtic Studies may find the following resources useful.
FACULTY AT UW-MADISON WITH CELTIC STUDIES EXPERTISE
- Richard Begam (modern Irish literature)
- Tom DuBois (Irish folklore, medieval)
- Mary Trotter (Irish theater)
- Chris Livanos (Scottish literature)
CONTINUING STUDIES AT UW-MADISON
Celtic-focused non-credit classes are offered regularly at UW–Madison through the Division of Continuing Studies, which offers lifelong learning for personal enrichment and professional development.
CENTER FOR CELTIC STUDIES AT UW-MILWAUKEE
Located an hour and a half east of UW–Madison, the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee is the home of the Center for Celtic Studies. The Center provides interdisciplinary, international educational opportunities for UW students. Its program includes on-campus instruction by UWM and visiting international faculty, as well as study-abroad options in Ireland, Great Britain, and Europe.
- The Celtic Cultural Center
- The Celtic Music Association of Madison
- Community Celtic Musicians
- Community Celtic Dance Organizations
- Cambrian Heritage Society of Madison
- Wisconsin Manx Association (based in Madison)
- The St. Andrews Society, Madison Chapter, contact email@example.com
- Hurling Club of Madison
- Dane County Shamrock Club
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade